I am trying to make POST request with axios but getting 400 bad request error message. I tried same request in POSTMAN but it worked correctly any idea what I am missing? Code:
const TWITTER_UPLOAD_MEDIA_BASE_URL = 'https://upload.twitter.com/1.1/media/upload.json';
const url = "https://ik.imagekit.io/XXXXXXXXXXXX/test-upload_XXXXXXXXXXX.png";
const { data } = await axios.get(url);
const form = new FormData();
form.append('media', data);
const token = {
key: oauth_access_token,
secret: oauth_access_token_secret
};
const oauth = OAuth({
consumer: {
key: process.env.TWITTER_CONSUMER_KEY,
secret: process.env.TWITTER_CONSUMER_SECRET
},
signature_method: 'HMAC-SHA1',
hash_function: (baseString, key) => crypto.createHmac('sha1', key).update(baseString).digest('base64')
});
const authHeader = oauth.toHeader(oauth.authorize({
url: `${TWITTER_UPLOAD_MEDIA_BASE_URL}?media_category=tweet_image`,
method: 'POST'
}, token));
const result = await axios.post(`${TWITTER_UPLOAD_MEDIA_BASE_URL}?media_category=tweet_image`, form, {
headers: {
Authorization: authHeader["Authorization"],
'Content-type': "multipart/form-data",
"Content-Transfer-Encoding": "base64"
}
});
I also tried:
const url = "https://ik.imagekit.io/XXXXXXXXXXXX/test-upload_XXXXXXXXXXX.png";
const image = await axios.get(url, { responseType: 'arraybuffer' });
const raw = new Buffer.from(image.data).toString('base64');
const base64Image = "data:" + image.headers["content-type"] + ";base64," + raw;
const token = {
key: oauth_access_token,
secret: oauth_access_token_secret
};
const oauth = OAuth({
consumer: {
key: process.env.TWITTER_CONSUMER_KEY,
secret: process.env.TWITTER_CONSUMER_SECRET
},
signature_method: 'HMAC-SHA1',
hash_function: (baseString, key) => crypto.createHmac('sha1', key).update(baseString).digest('base64')
});
const authHeader = oauth.toHeader(oauth.authorize({
url: `${TWITTER_UPLOAD_MEDIA_BASE_URL}?media_category=tweet_image`,
method: 'POST'
}, token));
const result = await axios.post(`${TWITTER_UPLOAD_MEDIA_BASE_URL}?media_category=tweet_image`, {media_data: base64Image}, {
headers: {
Authorization: authHeader["Authorization"],
'Content-type': "multipart/form-data",
"Content-Transfer-Encoding": "base64"
}
});
Bot snippets not working.
Till line 27 (first code snippet) everything is correct. Issue is from line 28 with axios and form content
POSTMAN screenshots of successful request:

I think axios has got some serious issues:
Twitter media upload guide: https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/twitter-api/v1/media/upload-media/uploading-media/media-best-practices

