Error Importing "mongodb" with typescript

Viewed 3532

When compiling any typescript program that just imports mongodb, i get 12 errors like:

node_modules/mongodb/mongodb.d.ts:3309:5 - error TS2416: Property 'end' in type 'GridFSBucketWriteStream' is not assignable to the same property in base type 'WritableStream'

To reproduce is simple with node TLS (v16.13.1), & a empty directory, just run:

npm i mongodb typescript
echo "import mongodb  from 'mongodb'" > index.ts
npx tsc index
5 Answers

Looks like mongodb npm released 4.3.0 last night (2022-01-06) that now resolves this issue! changelog includes the issue here: #3088

v4 now compiles without these errors!

mongodb 4.3.0 fix this issue for me. I use mongoose but I put "mongodb": "^4.3.0" in my dependencies to force the update. I don't know if this is the right thing to do but it works while waiting for mongoose to update.

I'm unable to reproduce your problem in my local environment, so I think it is a problem probably related to some other package in your project.

As suggested on this issue, you should try deleting your package-lock.json and generating it again with npm.

Related