I am using Big Query for as a cloud data warehouse and DataStudio for vizualisation.
In Big Query I have a table with a column named data written in JSON. I only want to extract what is inside the field "city".
This formula below that someone gave me worked to extract what is inside the field "title". I used it to create a field in DataStudio.
REPLACE(REGEXP_EXTRACT(data, '"title":(.+)","ur'), "\"", "")
So, I tried in multiple ways to reuse this formula for the "city" field, but it hasn't worked. I don't understand this code.
What's inside my column data:
{
"address":{
"city":"This is what i want",
"country":"blablabla",
"lineAdresse":"blablabla",
"region":"blablabla",
"zipCode":"blablabla"
},
"contract":"blablabla",
"dataType":"blablabla",
"description":"blablabla",
"endDate":{
"_seconds":1625841747,
"_nanoseconds":690000000
},
"entreprise":{
"denomination":"blabla",
"description":"1",
"logo":"blablabla",
"blabla":"blablabla",
"verified":"false"
},
"id":"16256R8TOUHJG",
"idEntreprise":"blablabla",
"jobType":"blablabla",
"listInfosRh":null,
"listeCandidats":[
],
"field":0,
"field":0,
"field":14,
"field":"1625834547690",
"field":true,
"field":"",
"field":"ref1625834547690",
"skills":[
"field",
"field",
"field"
],
"startDate":{
"_seconds":1625841747,
"_nanoseconds":690000000
},
"status":true,
"title":"this I can extract",
"urlRedirection":"blablabla",
"validated":true
}
If anyone knows the formula to put in Data Studio to extract what's inside city and can explain it to me, this would help a lot.
Here's the formula I tried but where I got "null" result:
REPLACE(REGEXP_EXTRACT(data,'"city":/{([^}]*)}/'),"\"","") >>null
I tried this one but it wouldn't stop at the city. I got the address, the region, zipcode and all the rest after:
REPLACE(REGEXP_EXTRACT(data, '"city":(.+)","ur'), "\"", "")