FirebaseRecyclerView - make onBindViewHolder method create severals elements

Viewed 44

I am creating a FirebaseRecyclerView.

I give to my FirebaseRecyclerView a Query that refers to objects from my FirestoreDatabase.

But instead of having 1 element for each object, I want to create severals elements.

Example of 1 object structure :

Firestore-root
    |
    --- collection (collection)
           |
           --- document1 (document)
           |        |
           |        --- documentField (List<Object>): "Data1"
           |                                        : "Data2"
           |                                        : "Data3"

What I can do :

View_I_Can_Do

What I want to do :

View_I_Want_To_Have

NB : The number of ''Data'' is changing, so I can't design an itemView to match with an undefined number of variables.

I suppose the solution is in the onBindViewHolder method, but I don't know how to make it works.

Don't hesitate to ask for more details if needed. Any help or suggestion would be appreciated, thanks in advance !

Edit 01/21/2022 :

I'm still stuck on this ... I tried to give more detail in this question : Display one item for each object in a single Firebase document field - FirebaseRecyclerView Maybe this is more explicit.

0 Answers
Related