Combining Bot Framework Composer with custom C# Code

Viewed 274

I am using the Bot Framework Composer to create a bot using some actions. While a lot can be done from within the composer I need to add some "special" actions that only can be achieved by code and not from within the composer.

I am aware that the composer creates a solution and project which contains the bot code. There also is a BotController and SkillsController created. I would expect that I have to attach my code somewhere in those controllers but cannot find any documentation on this.

For the beginning I just want to achieve something very simple like displaying a text as described at the bot framework documentation

I just need to know where to inject the code for a solution created by the composer

TL;DR: How do I combine Dot Framework SDK - Code with the Bot Framework Composer?

1 Answers

The typical pattern for adding custom code to a composer bot is through the use of custom actions and custom triggers. The documentation and sample should help explain how to implement them.

Related