Is it possible to enroll emulator device to Android Management API for developing?

Viewed 192

I am trying to develop an android mobile device management system using Android Management API. However I'm having a hard time provisioning my emulated device to my enterprise. I'm currently working from home so I don't really have access to android hardware.

I've been following google's Quick start guide, and things went well until I have my QR code and tried to provision my emulated device.

Fully managed mode
In fully managed mode the entire device is managed and the device needs to be factory reset before setup. To set up a device in fully managed mode you need to use a QR code.

For devices running Android 7.0 or above:

1.Turn on a new or factory-reset device.
2.Tap the same spot on the welcome screen six times to enter QR code mode.
3.Connect to a WiFi network.
4.Scan the QR code.
For devices running Android 6.0:

1.Turn on a new or factory-reset device.
2.Follow the setup wizard and enter your Wi-Fi details.
3.When prompted to sign in, enter afw#setup.
4.Tap Next, and then accept the installation of Android Device Policy.
5.Scan the QR code.

The thing is, in android studio AVD, there is no welcome screen, nor can I bring it up by factory resetting. I have also tried afw#setup and work profiles but all are in vein. Is it possible to enroll a virtual device to test out Android Management APIs?

Please if anyone succeeds let me know how.

P.S. I'm using macOS with an M1 chip.

0 Answers
Related