Huawie deep links open in webview not in the app

Viewed 315

I'm trying to make our app support the Huawei AppGAllery services like map, notification, and deep links, everything is okay except the deep link.

the links open in the Huawei browser instead of the app itself I've added intent-filter with flag android:autoVerify="true":

after my search I discovered the following:

  • if I open the app setting and force manually allow for the link it's working but, it's ugly to ask the user to allow that
  • after disabling the default browser and installing chrome on my Huawei device everything became working and a popup asking whether I need to open on the web or app started to appear.

Notes:

  • I've already added the assetlinks.json file on my server
  • the deep link working correctly on the normal android devices ( not Huawei )

after running the command adb shell dumpsys package d I'm getting that my app status is ask even after I added the android:autoVerify="true"

enter image description here

1 Answers

You could try to run :

adb shell dumpsys package d or adb shell pm get-app-links PACKAGE_NAME command to check whether the AppLinks link of an app passes the verification.

enter image description here

For more details, kindly refer to this docs.

Related