I'm attempting to create a VB6 executable (not sure of the proper syntax) that will toggle the X-Mouse option in Tweak UI under Windows 98SE. Ideally, I would like to have two scripts - one that turns it off (regardless of its state) and one that turns it on (again, regardless of its state).
I have been able to open the TweakUI control panel with the code below.
Private Sub Form_Load()
Call Shell("rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL tweakui.cpl", vbNormalFocus)
End Sub
If possible, I would like it to do it without opening the TweakUI control panel.
As far as I can tell, changing the registry setting doesn't work as I would have to reboot the computer for that to take effect.
I have Registry Monitor 7.04 running. It captures the following:
Path: C:\WINDOWS\RUNDLL32.EXE
Command Line: "C:\WINDOWS\RUNDLL32.EXE" "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\TWEAKUI.CPL", Tweak UI
Other: hKey: 0xC2A066F0
Honestly, I'm not sure how to move forward.
Not sure the best way to show progress on this, I'll just edit.
This code is very close.
Private Declare Function SystemParametersInfo Lib "user32" Alias _
"SystemParametersInfoA" (ByVal uAction As Long, ByVal uParam As Long, _
ByRef lpvParam As Any, ByVal fuWinIni As Long) As Long
Const SPI_SETACTIVEWINDOWTRACKING = 4097
'Click on this button to Activate XMouse
Private Sub Command1_Click()
SystemParametersInfo SPI_SETACTIVEWINDOWTRACKING, 0, True, 0
End Sub
'Click on this button to Deactivate XMouse
Private Sub Command2_Click()
SystemParametersInfo SPI_SETACTIVEWINDOWTRACKING, 0, False, 0
End Sub
Button 1 works correctly and Activates XMouse. But button two does not deactivate it.
