I'm building a Qt 5.11 application which embeds an openstreetmap QML component. I just wrote a minimal reproduce case. It consists in displaying objects (five blue dots here) on the map. When hovering the object, a small popup is displayed with some text.
When objects are close to the edge, the popup is not displayed correctly. I though I would use visibleArea check this, but the property was added in Qt 5.12.
I can't find a solution for the popup to be fully visible. Is there a workaround in Qt 5.11 that I can do?
Here the QML file. Just type qmlscene sample.qml and hover blue dots to view it.
import QtQuick 2.11
import QtQuick.Controls 2.4
import QtLocation 5.11
import QtPositioning 5.11
import QtQuick.Window 2.11
Window {
id: root; width: 800; height: 600;
Plugin { id: mapPlugin; name: "osm"; }
ListModel {
id: myModel
ListElement { latitude: 48.2351164; longitude: 6.8986936; name: "The point on the center"; }
ListElement { latitude: 48.235111272600186; longitude: 6.9007217756551995; name: "The point on the right"; }
ListElement { latitude: 48.23512783507458; longitude: 6.896574932520792; name: "The point on the left"; }
ListElement { latitude: 48.23614708436043; longitude: 6.898623901851295; name: "The point on the top"; }
ListElement { latitude: 48.23417574713512; longitude: 6.898641104398024; name: "The point on the bottom"; }
}
Map {
id: map
anchors.fill: parent
plugin: mapPlugin
center: QtPositioning.coordinate(48.2351164, 6.8986936)
zoomLevel: 19
MapItemView {
model: myModel
delegate: MapQuickItem {
anchorPoint.x: myRect.width / 2
anchorPoint.y: myRect.height / 2
width: myRect.width
height: myRect.height
coordinate: QtPositioning.coordinate(model.latitude, model.longitude)
sourceItem: Rectangle {
id: myRect
readonly property int radius: 10
width: radius * 2
height: radius * 2
color: "transparent"
Canvas {
id: myCanvas
anchors.fill: parent
property alias textVisible: myPopup.visible
onPaint: {
var width = myRect.width;
var height = myRect.height;
var centreX = width / 2;
var centreY = height / 2;
var ctx = getContext("2d");
ctx.reset();
ctx.fillStyle = "blue";
ctx.globalAlpha = 1;
ctx.beginPath();
ctx.moveTo(centreX, centreY);
ctx.arc(centreX, centreY, myRect.radius, 0, Math.PI * 2, false);
ctx.closePath();
ctx.fill();
}
MouseArea {
x: 0; y: 0;
width: myRect.radius * 2
height: myRect.radius * 2
acceptedButtons: Qt.LeftButton
hoverEnabled: true
onEntered: { myCanvas.textVisible = true }
onExited: { myCanvas.textVisible = false }
}
}
Popup {
id: myPopup
x: myRect.width / 2 - width / 2
y: myRect.height / 2 + 20
visible: false
Label { text: model.name; horizontalAlignment: Text.AlignHCenter; }
}
}
}
}
}
}
Any help is greatly appreciated.