We are using MUI DataGrid in our React based project.
At the moment I am trying to save/persist state of columns after toggling visibility of some columns with DataGrid's toolbar column menu, as currently after re-render it is back to default column setup.
I would like to know how could I access state of DataGrid/visibility state of columns in DataGrid so I can adjust/save it/reuse it later?
So far I meddled a bit with a apiRef, but all I got from apiRef.current was empty object. I am adding below some basic codeSandbox example to show how I tried to access it.
https://codesandbox.io/s/datagridprodemo-material-demo-forked-189j9?file=/demo.js
Maybe there is better/different approach, or I just need to create the state somehow. We would like to persist the state of the columns as user preference possibly in a future so this is vital for that to happen.
All suggestions are welcome and I thank you beforehand.