Can I upload the file to the blob storage and give that path to the docusign instead of base64 or bytes

Viewed 89

I have larger files it is taking too much time when I give base64 or even bytes. I am looking for an option where I can directly give bloburl to docusign envelope. If there is any option please help

1 Answers

Yes, you can upload documents in binary format and from cloud providers.

Cloud providers

DocuSign can load directly from

  • Google Drive
  • Dropbox
  • Box
  • OneDrive (Personal and Business)

Documentation. To use this feature as a developer, first set it up using the DocuSign web app. Then use DocuSign's API logging to see how the API calls reference the files on the cloud servers.

Also see the docs for the Document.remoteUrl attribute.

Use multi-part mime format with the regular Envelopes:create call

Multi-part mime enables you to include one or more documents in binary format. Docs. Example using Node.js. Examples for other languages are also available as part of the QuickStart code examples.

Use Chunked Uploads

The Chunked Uploads API resource enables you to upload a document in binary format, in multiple parts if needed, then use the resulting reference URL when creating an envelope.

The API Request Builder uses chunked uploads. So you can monitor the API via API logging while using the API Request Builder to see what it is doing.

In any case, remember that there's a maximum request size for any API call to DocuSign of 34MB. There are other limits too. Discuss with your DocuSign contacts if you have any issues with limits.

Related