How do you make a recipe for kivy-ios?

Viewed 266

I have made an app that uses NumPy, SciPy and Pandas which I want to put onto my iOS device. I compile and build using Kivy-iOS but there are errors with the Pandas and SciPy packages and they can't simply be installed via pip install or python toolchain.py pip install.

I have been looking around all day at forums etc and it seems these two need to be built into a recipe. There is already a NumPy recipe that I have included in my attempts to compile, but this doesn't include the other packages.

I haven't ever made a recipe before and can't really find any info on how to do it.

Has anyone done a Pandas or Scipy recipe before, or even some other recipe that I could follow?

EDIT: I am still unable to find any solutions on this, it seems there is little to no info available on the subject. With my build using kivy-iOS, when I run it in XCode I get the error no module named mmap which I have seen is supposed to be in the python build. So I am unsure what is happening.

If anyone could please help me out, that would be great as I'm very stuck right now.

EDIT: Bump

1 Answers

I had the same problem. I prepared something like this, for Mqtt:

from kivy_ios.toolchain import PythonRecipe
class PahoMqtt(PythonRecipe):
   version = "1"
   url = "https://github.com/eclipse/paho.mqtt.python/archive/refs/heads/master.zip"
   depends = ["python"]

   recipe = PahoMqtt()

I put it in ..kivy_ios/recipes/paho_mqtt directory. I'm not sure but after 'toolchain build paho_mqtt', compilation process appears to be fine. It works!

Related