Folks,
I am using the v3.2.4 of the applicationinsights.jar on a Wildfly application server and am able to see all information go into Azure (Application Insights) portal.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/app/java-in-process-agent
However, I'm needing to do this for many application instances and am thinking it could be wise to suppress certain kinds of telemetry types (e.g. dependencies as one example) as it creates a lot of noise and data.
Is it possible to do this via the applicationinsights.json file?
Any guidance into this appreciated!
Update (5th Jan 2022): I am using a codeless solution whereby all configuration and thus suppression is done in the .json file.
Solutions involving v2 approaches via C#/java are out of scope (although this is what I have used in the past).
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/app/java-standalone-telemetry-processors shows some ideas but it is not explicit with respect to supression of certain types as the default approach seems to push too much data to Azure.