Unable to install nextflow correctly

Viewed 246

I've attempted to install Nextflow with command "curl get.nextflow.io | bash" in my Windows system command prompt-bash, but I consistently see this error: Unable to initialize nextflow environment

In parallel, on a remote server, the Nextflow is installed with the same command and I can verify that with ls command. However, when I prepare a sample script (hello.nf), executing it by "nextflow run hello.nf" shows that Nextflow is not characterised.

In any of cases, typing "nextflow info" doesn't recognise nextflow. Is there anyway that I can install Nextflow or have I missed any step? I have also tried with wget, but no success yet.

Thanks in advance!

1 Answers

If you have Windows 10 Version 1903 with Build 18362 or higher, you can use the Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL 2) rather than having to configure a Linux VM. There's a few hoops to jump through, but this guide (Oct 2021) should be sufficient: Setting up a Nextflow environment on Windows 10

On your remote machine, all you should need to do is to move your nextflow to somewhere in your $PATH. Alternatively, you can just call it with ./nextflow (assuming it is in your current directory).

Related