I'm trying to restore dump files from locations that contain character from other languages besides English.
So here is what I did:
From inside the pgadmin I used the backup tool like:
And inside the FileName input provided an actual real folder named "א":
C:\א\toc.dump
The actual file argument (-f file) has been auto decoded into:
pg_dump.exe --file "C:\\0F04~1\\TOC~1.DUM"
My question is what is the decoding system pgadmin uses in order to decode the file path argument?
How did it came up with 0F04~1 from א?
I'm asking it because pg_restore is not supporting file path that contains not English chars (from cmd):
pg_dump.exe --file "C:\\0F04~1\\TOC1.DUMP" .... WORKS OK!
pg_dump.exe --file "C:\\א\\TOC1.DUMP" ... Not Working!
pg_restore: [custom archiver] could not open input file "..."
As in this question, so if I'll find the encoding system for pgadmin I'll use it from code.
My goal is to encode the path that contain not-English chars from a batch code so it will work.

