How do I use manim with vs code and Anaconda?

Viewed 452

What I've done:

  • Installed Anaconda and ManimCE
  • Selected the correct Python interpreter in VS Code (shows the expected version of Python)
  • "added" (quotes since that's my problem) Anaconda into VS Code so that it says that it is the default terminal
  • Written a Manim scene that doesn't have any errors

But then when I try to use the Anaconda terminal, the tab in the sidebar says it is Powershell and when I run the command "manim -pql file.py scene" to play the scene, manim isn't recognised.

Error message:

manim : The term 'manim' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file...

If I was using a library like numpy this wouldn't be a problem because I wouldn't have to use the terminal to access it but for manim I do.

Thanks for reading

0 Answers
Related