How to select framework version other than .net6.0 in Rider

Viewed 1021

In Rider I'm trying to create net5.0 console application. But, the dropdown for selection .net version is disabled. console app window

I don't understand why, because I can select .net framework version, for example: selection is ok

And my sdk is fine, if I create a new folder and type into terminal dotnet new console -f net5.0 the template loads successfully. I can't use it, because Rider doesn't recognize it as a project and thinks it's a simple folder, so I can't use Rider's dependencies tab for example. Also, manually changing .net version in project properties is not an option, because the template remains as top-level statements and global usings remain, which gives compile errors. Question: how to be able to freely and easily select .net version when creating a project?

UPD

I can create a project for net6.0, then open it in terminal and rewrite its contents using dotnet new console --force -f net5.0 (and it seems to work fine for Rider), but I would still like to know if I can enable choosing framework version from that dropdown

0 Answers
Related