BluetoothClass of devices - what is what?

Viewed 630

I made an app that discovers Bluetooth devices around me, and I'm looking into the datas I get about them. Now I'm trying to figure out the datas from BluetoothDevice.getBluetoothClass (CoD, Class of Device). So far I've found these class codes around me:

  • 43c
  • 50c
  • 704
  • 1f00
  • c043c
  • c243c
  • 8043c
  • 60680
  • 200408
  • 240414
  • 5a020c

About half of these I found some information for (http://domoticx.com/bluetooth-class-of-device-lijst-cod/). The rest of the codes I haven't been able to find anywhere (50c, c043c, c243c, 60680).

Does anyone know any overview with all of these codes (or at least the ones I haven't figured out)?

1 Answers

You can decode the Bluetooth Class of Device (CoD) yourself by first converting the above hex number to binary (for example using this link) and then checking the document below to try and find what the combination of the bits mean:-

https://www.ampedrftech.com/datasheets/cod_definition.pdf

As an example, 0x50c is 010100001100 in binary. Using the table in the document above, bits 8 to 12 indicate that the device is a peripheral:

enter image description here

And then bits 2 to 5 indicate that the device is a remote control

enter image description here

Related