I want to write export/download functionality for files from external API. I've created separate Action for it. Using external API I can get stream for that file. When I am saving that stream to local file, everything is fine, file isn't empty.
var exportedFile = await this.GetExportedFile(client, this.ReportId, this.WorkspaceId, export);
// Now you have the exported file stream ready to be used according to your specific needs
// For example, saving the file can be done as follows:
string pathOnDisk = @"D:\Temp\" + export.ReportName + exportedFile.FileSuffix;
using (var fileStream = File.Create(pathOnDisk))
{
await exportedFile.FileStream.CopyToAsync(fileStream);
}
But when I return exportedFile object that contains in it stream and do next:
var result = await this._service.ExportReport(reportName, format, CancellationToken.None);
var fileResult = new HttpResponseMessage(HttpStatusCode.OK);
using (var ms = new MemoryStream())
{
await result.FileStream.CopyToAsync(ms);
ms.Position = 0;
fileResult.Content = new ByteArrayContent(ms.GetBuffer());
}
fileResult.Content.Headers.ContentDisposition = new ContentDispositionHeaderValue("attachment")
{
FileName = $"{reportName}{result.FileSuffix}"
};
fileResult.Content.Headers.ContentType = new MediaTypeHeaderValue("application/octet-stream");
return fileResult;
Exported file is always empty.
Is it problem with stream or with code that try to return that stream as file?
Tried as @Nobody suggest to use ToArray
fileResult.Content = new ByteArrayContent(ms.ToArray());
the same result.
Also tried to use StreamContent
fileResult.Content = new StreamContent(result.FileStream);
still empty file.
But when I'm using StreamContent and MemmoryStream
using (var ms = new MemoryStream())
{
await result.FileStream.CopyToAsync(ms);
ms.Position = 0;
fileResult.Content = new StreamContent(ms);
}
in result I got
{ "error": "no response from server" }
Note: from 3rd party API I get stream that is readonly.