I want to integrate my app with Calendar API from Google. And in order to use it, I have to have an AuthClient (which is obtained from _googleSignIn.authenticatedClient();). The problem is, my GoogleSignIn().currentUser always return null and I don't know why. I already use Firebase Auth and Google Sign In.
This is my signInWithGoogle method:
Future signInWithGoogle() async {
try {
await GoogleSignIn().disconnect();
await FirebaseAuth.instance.signOut();
} catch (e) {
print(e.toString());
}
// Trigger the authentication flow
final GoogleSignInAccount? googleUser = await GoogleSignIn(scopes: [CalendarApi.calendarScope]).signIn();
// Obtain the auth details from the request
final GoogleSignInAuthentication googleAuth =
await googleUser!.authentication;
// Create a new credential
final credential = GoogleAuthProvider.credential(
accessToken: googleAuth.accessToken,
idToken: googleAuth.idToken,
);
// Once signed in, return the UserCredential
UserCredential result =
await FirebaseAuth.instance.signInWithCredential(credential);
User user = result.user!;
// note: this line always return null and I don't know why
print('current user auth ${GoogleSignIn().currentUser.toString()}');
return _userFromFirebaseUser(user);
}
Did I do something wrong in my code? Any help will be appreciated, thank you!