I already found that the "command": "editor.action.duplicateSelection"
will duplicate the selection right next to it.
I want to duplicate the selected text to a new line. The selection may not be the entire line.
I already found that the "command": "editor.action.duplicateSelection"
will duplicate the selection right next to it.
I want to duplicate the selected text to a new line. The selection may not be the entire line.
If you are talking about a selection that is less than the entire line, there is no built-in way to duplicate selected text to the next line. It can be done with a macro extension which enables you to run multiple commands at once.
Using the macro extension multi-command try this keybinding (in your keybindings.json):
{
"key": "alt+i", // whatever keybinding you want
"command": "extension.multiCommand.execute",
"args": {
"sequence": [
"editor.action.clipboardCopyAction",
"editor.action.insertLineAfter",
"editor.action.clipboardPasteAction",
{ // to add text after the selection
"command": "type", // you could also put this before the paste command
"args": { "text": " myText here after paste " }
}
]
}
}
That will copy the selected text, insert a blank line after it and paste that text there. Demo:
Demo with adding static text to the duplicated text: