Cannot install Openvino with pip

Viewed 4181

I'm trying to install Openvino to convert a Keras model into a representation for the inference engine. I'm running the command:

python3 openvino/tools/mo/mo_tf.py —model_13.h5/ --input_shape=\[180,180\]

This returns the error:

from openvino.tools.mo.subprocess_main import subprocess_main
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'openvino'

I've tried pip install openvino but consistently get:

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement openvino (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for openvino

To try and make sure the versions of python for running the script and installing Openvino are the same, I've tried:

python3 -m pip install openvino

The content of the mo_tf.py script is simply:

#!/usr/bin/env python3

# Copyright (C) 2018-2021 Intel Corporation
# SPDX-License-Identifier: Apache-2.0


if __name__ == "__main__":
    from openvino.tools.mo.subprocess_main import subprocess_main
    subprocess_main(framework='tf')

Has anyone seen this issue and found a workaround?

3 Answers

In case anyone is using Mac-M1, This command will solve this issue.

pip install openvino-arm

On a separate note, if you happen to install openvino-dev instead of openvino consider adding quote escape as by default zsh (not bash) interprets square brackets as an expression for pattern matching.

To resolve this issue, you need to escape the command with quotes:

Use this

pip install 'openvino-dev[tensorflow2,mxnet,caffe]'

Instead of

pip install openvino-dev[tensorflow2,mxnet,caffe]

Related