I created an Android virtual environment with CPU/ABI arm64-v8a through the AVD manager built into Android Studio, but an error is occurring

Viewed 1091

I created an Android 12 virtual environment with CPU/ABI arm64-v8a through the AVD manager built into Android Studio, but an error is occurring.

Error Image is Here

I'm using an Intel CPU MacBook.

If I selected CPU/ABI as x86 or armeabi-v7a when creating the emulator, it works without any problem.

I also checked that the SDK for the Android version to be created is installed.

What's the problem?

1 Answers

From: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/210099270#comment2

the arm64 images on api28-31 are meant for M1 host.

Historically emulator ABI meant what architecture the emulator 'natively' supported, i.e. binaries generated by NDK.

  • armeabi
  • armeabi-7a

Ran on older QEMU virtualization which did the ARM to x86 translation. When the emulator was released it had no graphics hardware acceleration so was laggy but operational.

  • x86
  • x86-64

Is for modern hardware and support virtualization, and have reasonable performance.

https://developer.android.com/studio/run/emulator-acceleration#extensions

Google added ARM ABI support to x86/x86-64 emulator images for certain version of Android:

https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/emulator#30-0-0

as mentioned in the above issue ticket link:

If you need to test arm abis on x86_64 host you can use the api 31/30/28, as they have ndk-translated arm support.

Related