Since I have not found a post on StackOverflow that satisfies my needs for what I am trying to do, I have made a new question covering my problem.
I am trying to build an ordered list, where I want to have:
1.
1.1
A
B
C
1.2
1.3
Currently, I have the following:
1.
1.1
1.1.1
1.1.2
1.1.3
1.2
1.3
I have tried a few things without luck though, so I would appreciate if I can get some help.
Is this possible what I am trying to do? If yes, how? If no, why?
ol {
list-style-type: none;
counter-reset: item;
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
}
li {
display: table;
counter-increment: item;
margin-bottom: 0.6em;
}
li:before {
content: counters(item, ".") ". ";
display: table-cell;
padding-right: 0.6em;
}
li li {
margin: 10px;
}
li li:before {
content: counters(item, ".") " ";
}
.bolder {
font-size: 1.17em;
font-weight: bolder;
margin: 0px;
}
.parent::before {
font-size: 1.17em;
font-weight: bolder;
}
<li class="parent">
<p class="bolder">How I want it to look like</p>
<ol>
<li>This is 1.1
<ol>
<li class="subItem">
This is what I want to be A
</li>
<li class="subItem">
This is what I want to be B
</li>
<li class="subItem">
This is what I want to be C
</li>
</ol>
</li>
<li>
Then it continues on with 1.2
</li>
<li>
Then 1.3.. etc.
</li>
</ol>
</li>