Consider this sample data:
Month Location Products Sales Profit
JAN 1 43 32 20
JAN 2 82 54 25
JAN 3 64 43 56
FEB 1 37 28 78
FEB 2 18 15 34
FEB 3 5 2 4
MAR 1 47 40 14
The multi-index transformation I am trying to achieve is this:
JAN FEB MAR
Location Products Sales Profit Products Sales Profit Products Sales Profit
1 43 32 29 37 28 78 47 40 14
2 82 54 25 18 15 34 null null null
3 64 43 56 5 2 4 null null null
I tried versions of this:
df.stack().to_frame().T
It put all the data into one row. So, that's not the goal.
I presume I am close in that it should be a stacking or unstacking, melting or unmelting, but my attempts have all resulted in data oatmeal at this point. Appreciate your time trying to solve this one.