I have seen many questions to conversions between Euler angles and Quaternion, but I never found any working solution. Maybe you can help me why this is not returning the right values. I need the conversion between Quaternions(XYZ) to Euler angles and this is the code I am currently using:
public static Vector3 Q2E(Quaternion q) // Returns the XYZ in ZXY
{
Vector3 angles;
angles.X = (float)Math.Atan2(2 * (q.W * q.X + q.Y * q.Z), 1 - 2 * (q.X * q.X + q.Y * q.Y));
if (Math.Abs(2 * (q.W * q.Y - q.Z * q.X)) >= 1) angles.Y = (float)Math.CopySign(Math.PI / 2, 2 * (q.W * q.Y - q.Z * q.X));
else angles.Y = (float)Math.Asin(2 * (q.W * q.Y - q.Z * q.X));
angles.Z = (float)Math.Atan2(2 * (q.W * q.Z + q.X * q.Y), 1 - 2 * (q.Y * q.Y + q.Z * q.Z));
return new Vector3()
{
X = (float)(180 / Math.PI) * angles.X,
Y = (float)(180 / Math.PI) * angles.Y,
Z = (float)(180 / Math.PI) * angles.Z
};
}
Thx everyone.