Few supported devices on Google Play Console

Viewed 23

I have created an app which needs camera permission and uses the package AR Foundation (AR Core) with Unity. When uploading the build to Google Play Console it says that only 240 devices are supported, when previous apps I have released has 10 000+. What can I do to support more devices?

  • The only difference between this app and previous successful apps is that this one requires access to camera and uses the AR Core package.

  • I have a minimum required API level of 24 which is stated in the Google AR documentation.

  • I changed every uses-feature in the android manifest file to false:

     <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    

     <uses-sdk
         android:minSdkVersion="24"
         android:targetSdkVersion="30" />
    
     <supports-screens
         android:anyDensity="true"
         android:largeScreens="true"
         android:normalScreens="true"
         android:smallScreens="true"
         android:xlargeScreens="true" />
    
     <uses-feature android:glEsVersion="0x00030000" />
    
     <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
    
     <uses-feature
         android:name="android.hardware.touchscreen"
         android:required="false" />
    
     <uses-feature
         android:name="android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch"
         android:required="false" />
     <uses-feature
         android:name="android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.distinct"
         android:required="false" />
    
     <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CAMERA" />
    
     <uses-feature
         android:name="android.hardware.camera.ar"
         android:required="false" />
     <uses-feature
         android:name="com.google.ar.core.depth"
         android:required="optional" />
    
     <queries>
         <package android:name="com.google.ar.core" />
     </queries>
    
     <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" />
    
     <application
         android:extractNativeLibs="true"
         android:icon="@mipmap/app_icon"
         android:label="@string/app_name" >
         <activity
             android:name="com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerActivity"
             android:configChanges="mcc|mnc|locale|touchscreen|keyboard|keyboardHidden|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|uiMode|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|fontScale|layoutDirection|density"
             android:hardwareAccelerated="false"
             android:launchMode="singleTask"
             android:screenOrientation="landscape"
             android:theme="@style/UnityThemeSelector" >
             <intent-filter>
                 <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
    
                 <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
             </intent-filter>
    
             <meta-data
                 android:name="unityplayer.UnityActivity"
                 android:value="true" />
         </activity>
    
         <meta-data
             android:name="unity.splash-mode"
             android:value="0" />
         <meta-data
             android:name="unity.splash-enable"
             android:value="True" />
         <meta-data
             android:name="unity.build-id"
             android:value="23094d1f-7ffd-4f03-8914-045a212a3e8c" />
         <meta-data
             android:name="unityplayer.SkipPermissionsDialog"
             android:value="true" />
         <meta-data
             android:name="com.google.ar.core"
             android:value="required" /> <!-- The minimal version code of ARCore APK required for an app using this SDK. -->
         <meta-data
             android:name="com.google.ar.core.min_apk_version"
             android:value="202940000" /> <!-- This activity is critical for installing ARCore when it is not already present. -->
         <activity
             android:name="com.google.ar.core.InstallActivity"
             android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize"
             android:excludeFromRecents="true"
             android:exported="false"
             android:launchMode="singleTop"
             android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Material.Light.Dialog.Alert" />
         <activity
             android:name="com.unity3d.services.ads.adunit.AdUnitActivity"
             android:configChanges="fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|locale|mnc|mcc|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode|touchscreen"
             android:hardwareAccelerated="true"
             android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" />
         <activity
             android:name="com.unity3d.services.ads.adunit.AdUnitTransparentActivity"
             android:configChanges="fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|locale|mnc|mcc|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode|touchscreen"
             android:hardwareAccelerated="true"
             android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Translucent.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" />
         <activity
             android:name="com.unity3d.services.ads.adunit.AdUnitTransparentSoftwareActivity"
             android:configChanges="fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|locale|mnc|mcc|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode|touchscreen"
             android:hardwareAccelerated="false"
             android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Translucent.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" />
         <activity
             android:name="com.unity3d.services.ads.adunit.AdUnitSoftwareActivity"
             android:configChanges="fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|locale|mnc|mcc|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode|touchscreen"
             android:hardwareAccelerated="false"
             android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" />
     </application>
    
0 Answers
Related