How can I install tidyverse on Archlinux?

Viewed 199

I'm running since a few days archlinux and installed R-Studio today. I'm not able to install the tidyverse packages.

Error in library(tidyverse) : there is no package called ‘tidyverse’
Calls: .First -> library
Execution halted
Warning in install.packages :
  installation of package ‘tidyverse’ had non-zero exit status

I found a few solutions for Ubuntu or Debian, but no solution for archlinux.

I's seems that you need for Ubuntu or Debian libxml2-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libssl-dev but I can't find em for archlinux.

I hope someone can help me.

2 Answers

Arch linux does not separate the dev packages. Hence, you can install the libraries directly, using:

yay -S ibxml2 libcurl4-openssl libssl 

Okey, I found a solution for this specific Problem. I just started r-studio as sudo and was able to install "tidyverse".

I still have problems to install other packages that cant be solved with running as sudo for example psych. I'm not sure which libs are missing.

Related