Gradle error in ijresolvers.gradle when running using Intellij IDEA

Viewed 2710

When I'm going to run the project directly by Intellij IDEA, it generates this error below.

This ijresolvers.gradle is auto generated, so when I try to change it, IDEA creates another one.

The output:

18:16:12: Executing 'run'...

:wrapper

BUILD SUCCESSFUL

Total time: 0.251 secs

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* Where:
Initialization script '/private/var/folders/fp/gn6yng6x3sg1k5dx37jy1bnntsymvt/T/ijresolvers.gradle' line: 331

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred evaluating initialization script.
> No signature of method: org.gradle.execution.taskgraph.DefaultTaskGraphExecuter.whenReady() is applicable for argument types: (SetupUtpTestResultListenerAction) values: [SetupUtpTestResultListenerAction@30600d18]
  Possible solutions: whenReady(groovy.lang.Closure)

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 0.154 secs
18:16:15: Execution finished 'run'.

My config:

  • MacOS Big Sur
  • Intellij IDEA 2021.3
  • Java 1.8.202
3 Answers

I was having the same issue with a similar environment (Big Sur, IntelliJ 2021.3, Java 1.8, Gradle 3), and was able to successfully run gradle tasks after downgrading IntelliJ to version 2021.2

I was facing the same issues with (Big Sur/Monterey, IntelliJ 2021.3, Java 1.8, Gradle 3). I found the solution to be the same as mentioned in https://stackoverflow.com/a/70597547/8454898. Downgrading to IntelliJ 2021.2.4 worked in my case.

This seems to be a bug in IntelliJ 2021.3. I've created a bug report: https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-291112

In the meantime, like others already said, downgrading to 2021.2 looks like the only solution right now.

EDIT: This only happens with gradle 3.0 - Upgrading to 3.1 fixes it for me.

Related