How to label the bar plot bars with the label text vertically aligned:
.
I am using the basic function barplot and text, but unable to achieve this. Request help on this. Thank you.
How to label the bar plot bars with the label text vertically aligned:
.
I am using the basic function barplot and text, but unable to achieve this. Request help on this. Thank you.
With basic R, use text:
x = rnorm(10, 5, 2)
(d <- barplot(x, ylim = c(0, max(x)+1)))
text(x = d, y = x,
label = round(x, 2), pos = 3, cex = 0.8, col = "red", srt=90, offset = 1)
Some reproducable code would be helpful to give you a more concrete/helpful answers. However, I believe you are looking for the geom_text with the vjust input. You can play around to find exactly what you like. vjust means something like vertical adjustment. Try a vjust of -0.5, 0.5 or whatever to see what works best in your case.
geom_text(aes(label = n), vjust = -0.5, size = 5) ## inserts number on top of a bar