I found the below text from here, saying that the result for minimax for games like tic-tac-toe and chess will always be a draw. I also saw minimax algorithms for unbeatable tic-tac-toe. But I don't quite understand the reason why minimax results in a draw. Is it because there is no guaranteed winning or losing move and thus the best possible option for both players is a draw?
a computer running a minimax algorithm without any sort of enhancements will discover that, if both it and its opponent play optimally, the game will end in a draw no matter where it starts, and thus have no clue as to which opening play is the "best." Even in more interesting win-or-lose games like chess, even if a computer could play out every possible game situation (a hopelessly impossible task), this information alone would still lead it to the conclusion that the best it can ever do is draw (which would in fact be true, if both players had absolutely perfect knowledge of all possible results of each move).