How do I export the debugging configuration property of a VS 2019 property page?

Viewed 114

I am using visual studio 2019, and I have a project that has an environment variable set for the debugging property of my project that I cannot figure out how to export/import.

In order to get the project to build, I need to specify the debugging environment path, and I need a solution that allows me to set this environment path by importing a property sheet, or a universal solution that does not require manually setting the environment path.

When I follow the steps found here, I cannot find a property that allows me to automate setting the debugging environment setting. This is what I see with the property sheet.

What I need to be able to do is delete the environment setting of my debugging configuration property, and import something that restores that setting, so that the solution can be applied to other machines. This is what I am referring to when I describe the setting I need to automate.

1 Answers

Open Visual Studio IDE and follow step:

  • Tools > Import and Export Settings > Export selected environment settings

Select the features you want to export from the window that opens (Options > Debugging) and click the Next button to select the directory where the file with the .vssettings extension will be saved.

enter image description here

The XML section in the *.vssettings file that starts with the statement shown below contains the shared Visual Studio IDE debug settings:

<Category name="Debugger" ...
References
Related