Invalid argument(s: A directory corresponding to fileSystemPath /Users/user/.pub-cache/hosted/pub.dartlang.org/devtools-2.9.2/build could not be found

Viewed 6117

Somehow the "build" directory doesn't exist within devtools-2.9.2 directory. I am getting this exception only while running the build on iPhone SE 2nd generation iOS 14.5 simulator though, which is weird. This began after an unexpected forced reboot of my mac. But I can not directly connect this event.

What is happening and how can I build this stuff or get rid of exceptions? And what is the cause?

flutter doctor -v No issues found

3 Answers

It seems like the new 2.9.2 release doesn't have the required "build" folder. You can try fixing it by running this in the terminal:

dart pub global activate devtools -v 2.8.0

which downgrades the version to 2.8.0 (that works fine). Answer from github.

run the following code and it'll get solved.

dart pub global activate devtools -v 2.8.0

DevTools is no longer being shipped via pub and is now part of the Dart SDK. 2.9.2 was published unintentionally this morning and has since been retracted.

How were you starting DevTools? You might want to file an issue on the DevTools repository if you're still having issues and I (@bkonyi) can help you out further there.

Related