Html emails <hr> styling issue on Outlook?

Viewed 272

I have used the <hr> tag to separate the rows, which is showing double lines in outlook emails. But I want just a single line to be displayed. How can I rectify this?

I have used the following code

<hr style="border:none;border-bottom:1px solid #0a0a0a;box-shadow:none;margin-bottom:0;">

All answers appreciated.

3 Answers

Adding outline:none; might remove the double line issue in outlook emails.

<hr style="border:none;outline:none;border-bottom:1px solid #0a0a0a;box-shadow:none;margin-bottom:0;"/>

Or, you can remove outlines, borders and give a height and background color as:

<hr style="border:none;outline:none;height:1px;background:#0a0a0a;box-shadow:none;margin-bottom:0;"/>

You can use a different way.

<div style="border-top: 1px dotted #999999;">&nbsp;</div>

For best cross-email compatibility, I use border. You can do that on the <td>, or other block level element like <p>.

Here, I'd use a paragraph like so:

`<p style="border-top:1px solid #0a0a0a;line-height: 0;font-size:0;margin:10px 0;">&nbsp;</p>`

Adjust the margin to what you need. The line-height and font-size are needed so that there is not an additional space caused by the "text" (non-breaking space).

Related