Description
Since the latest OpenJDK 8 patch for Ubuntu the WildFly deployment loops in redeployments. Everytime the depoyment finished the DeploymentScanner starts a redeployment and repeat this endlessly.
Used technology
- Ubuntu Version: Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS
- Java Version: openjdk version "1.8.0_312"
- JRE Version: OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_312-8u312-b07-0ubuntu1~20.04-b07)
- WildFly Version: 26.0.0.Final
- Deployment: WAR-file; generated from maven archtypes
maven-archetype-webapp
State of knowledge
When starting the vanilla WF with the WAR in the standalone mode, I get the following (looping) log output:
14:17:19,243 INFO [org.wildfly.extension.undertow] (MSC service thread 1-3) WFLYUT0006: Undertow HTTPS listener https listening on 0.0.0.0:8182
14:17:19,278 INFO [org.jboss.ws.common.management] (MSC service thread 1-5) JBWS022052: Starting JBossWS 5.1.5.Final (Apache CXF 3.1.6)
14:17:19,655 INFO [org.wildfly.extension.undertow] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 61) WFLYUT0021: Registered web context: /TestWebApp
14:17:19,667 INFO [org.jboss.as.server] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 34) WFLYSRV0010: Deployed "TestWebApp.war" (runtime-name : "TestWebApp.war")
14:17:19,682 INFO [org.wildfly.extension.undertow] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 61) WFLYUT0022: Unregistered web context: /TestWebApp
14:17:19,688 INFO [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-3) WFLYSRV0028: Stopped deployment TestWebApp.war (runtime-name: TestWebApp.war) in 8ms
14:17:19,689 INFO [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-3) WFLYSRV0027: Starting deployment of "TestWebApp.war" (runtime-name: "TestWebApp.war")
14:17:19,719 INFO [org.wildfly.extension.undertow] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 23) WFLYUT0021: Registered web context: /TestWebApp
14:17:19,782 INFO [org.jboss.as] (Controller Boot Thread) WFLYSRV0060: Http management interface listening on http://127.0.0.1:9991/management
14:17:19,782 INFO [org.jboss.as] (Controller Boot Thread) WFLYSRV0051: Admin console listening on http://127.0.0.1:9991
14:17:19,783 INFO [org.jboss.as] (Controller Boot Thread) WFLYSRV0025: WildFly Full 10.1.0.Final (WildFly Core 2.2.0.Final) started in 1972ms - Started 410 of 660 services (406 services are lazy, passive or on-demand)
14:17:19,803 INFO [org.jboss.as.server] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) WFLYSRV0013: Redeployed "TestWebApp.war"
14:17:24,870 INFO [org.wildfly.extension.undertow] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 23) WFLYUT0022: Unregistered web context: /TestWebApp
14:17:24,872 INFO [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-8) WFLYSRV0028: Stopped deployment TestWebApp.war (runtime-name: TestWebApp.war) in 2ms
14:17:24,873 INFO [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-7) WFLYSRV0027: Starting deployment of "TestWebApp.war" (runtime-name: "TestWebApp.war")
14:17:24,905 INFO [org.wildfly.extension.undertow] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 19) WFLYUT0021: Registered web context: /TestWebApp
14:17:24,914 INFO [org.jboss.as.server] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) WFLYSRV0016: Replaced deployment "TestWebApp.war" with deployment "TestWebApp.war"
14:17:29,979 INFO [org.wildfly.extension.undertow] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 19) WFLYUT0022: Unregistered web context: /TestWebApp
14:17:29,985 INFO [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-5) WFLYSRV0028: Stopped deployment TestWebApp.war (runtime-name: TestWebApp.war) in 6ms
14:17:29,986 INFO [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-7) WFLYSRV0027: Starting deployment of "TestWebApp.war" (runtime-name: "TestWebApp.war")
14:17:30,010 INFO [org.wildfly.extension.undertow] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 19) WFLYUT0021: Registered web context: /TestWebApp
14:17:30,019 INFO [org.jboss.as.server] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) WFLYSRV0013: Redeployed "TestWebApp.war"
After I enabled the debug log level I saw that the DeploymentScanner detected a changed in the deployment folder which triggers the redeployment:
15:54:55,206 DEBUG [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 2) Deployment scan of [***/standalone/deployments] found update action [{
"operation" => "redeploy",
"address" => [("deployment" => "TestWebApp.war")],
"owner" => [
("subsystem" => "deployment-scanner"),
("scanner" => "default")
]
}]
After I set the auto-deploy-zipped="false" attribute in the deployment scanner subsystem in the standalone.xml the deployment redeployed just one time and than ran normaly.
To be honest, I am overwhelmed by how I can start the application "normally" - without manually deactivating redeployments? Last night everything went normally; the JDK update came this morning and now I've been working on the topic for a few hours. I can not find any related changes in the changelog of the patch.
Thank you for your ideas and help!