"[nodemon] clean exit - waiting for changes before restart": while trying to start the server

Viewed 185

I keep running into this error while trying to run my code...

[nodemon] 2.0.15
[nodemon] to restart at any time, enter `rs`
[nodemon] watching path(s): *.*
[nodemon] watching extensions: js,mjs,json
[nodemon] starting `node server.js`
[nodemon] clean exit - waiting for changes before restart

This is the code that I'm trying to run:

import app from "./server";
import mongodb from "mongodb";
import dotenv from "dotenv";

//configuiring dotenv for use
dotenv.config();
const MongoClient = mongodb.MongoClient;

const port = process.env.PORT || 8000; // if the port(5000 in this one) from dotenv file cant be accesed then access 8000

MongoClient.connect(process.env.RESTREVIEWS_DB_URI, {
  poolsize: 50, //max no of users at a time
  wtimeout: 2500, //timeout after 2500 ms
  useNewUrlParse: true,  
})
  .catch((err) => {
    //if connection fails
    console.error(err.stack);
    process.exit(1);
  })
  .then(async (client) => {
    app.listen(port, () => {
      console.log(`listening on the port ${port}`);
    });
  });

// --   AND WE ARE DONE WITH THE DATABASE AND HAVE STARTED OUR WEB SERVER  --

I've tried changing the Execution policy to Unrestricted mode and Remote but it still doesn't work. It would be great if someone could help me figure out what I'm doing wrong!

1 Answers

Try reverting nodemon version to 1.2.1 will fix the problem.

Related