AWS CodeDeploy - deploy using the incorrect revision files

Viewed 213

been banging my head against the wall trying to get an unbelievably simple CodeDeploy run going. The behavior I'm seeing suggests either a configuration issue or an issue local to the running agent. Basically, deployments are not using the files explicitly supplied to them - they're stuck implicitly using a prior version.

Having created an application and deployment group (and ensuring all prerequisites are in place such as the agent and roles are correctly assigned), I'm creating a deployment with via zipping up my code folder (at the root, not including the code's containing folder). There were a few issues to fix in a few of the hook steps, but I was able to fix a couple of them by changing the code, re-zipping and re-uploading before things got particularly weird. There was a syntax issue in my ApplicationStart hook script (when I finally got that far), so I fixed it and re-uploaded as before. However, the same syntax error occurred. I tried re-uploading, deleting all my S3 files and re-uploading, downloading the listed revision files and checking their contents (changes were reflected), but the same syntax error occurred. I even deleted the script and hook step completely from the yml file and it still happened, so clearly the deployment system is "stuck" in some sense. I went as far as feeding it a completely empty text file, told it it was a tar file, and it's still running my old revision. It's as though the runner agent's local files are stale and it's failing to clear local contents.

What's the deal? I feel like I've missed something fundamental.

edit - I created an entirely identical but new deployment group and re-tried the deployment with my new files and it worked. So that deployment group itself is stuck.

0 Answers
Related