How to use create-react-app with Windows 7

Viewed 7833

Tried to fire up a new react app yesterday using create-react-app. Unfortunately, when I used the command npx create-react-app my-app, it says "Create React App requires Node 14 or higher." However, when I try to update to Node 14 or any later version, it says Windows 8 or higher is required to update. Since I'm on a work PC, it is a slow process to get my computer upgraded to Windows 10 and might affect other software I have on my computer.

I've been trying to understand Webpack and Babel but having a lot of issues that don't pop up with create-react-app. Is there any way to use create-react-app on Windows 7?

Thanks in advance.

2 Answers

The current latest release of the create-react-app project is v5.0.0 where support for Node 10 & 12 was dropped.

The only solution you have here, other that upgrading to a newer version of Windows and installing Node 14 is to use an older version of create-react-app.

The newest version that supports Node 10 & 12 is v3.4.0.

You can initialise your project using the older version with this command:

npx create-react-app@3.4.0 my-app

Note that this is not the latest version, and therefore is outdated and will not include the latest features of create-react-app.

Is you want to Use Node and react Js on Windows 7 32 bit system.Then just install following versions of node and create-react-app.

use Node 13.12.0

and to create react app use create-react-app version 3.4.0

npx create-react-app@3.4.0 my-app

this is working without any error and tested till installations Otherwise consider upgrading your system as well as your software.

Related