I need to automatically set a certain order status (different than processing) when getting a new order.
This is achieved by this function:
add_action('woocommerce_thankyou','change_order_status');
function change_order_status( $order_id ) {
if ( ! $order_id ) { return; }
$order = wc_get_order( $order_id );
if( 'processing'== $order->get_status() ) {
$order->update_status( 'wc-custom-status' );
}
}
This totally works. Now I only need this to happen when a product has a customization.
The way to customize a product is filling an input field before adding to cart. The input is attached to the item data:
// Add custom cart item data
add_filter( 'woocommerce_add_cart_item_data', 'add_custom_cart_item_data', 10, 2 );
function add_custom_cart_item_data( $cart_item_data, $product_id ){
if( isset($_POST['custom_text']) ) {
$cart_item_data['custom_text'] = sanitize_text_field( $_POST['custom_text'] );
$cart_item_data['unique_key'] = md5( microtime().rand() ); // Make each item unique
}
return $cart_item_data;
}
Then the custom text is retrieved and displayed in cart and in the order data using this:
// Display custom cart item data on cart and checkout
add_filter( 'woocommerce_get_item_data', 'display_custom_cart_item_data', 10, 2 );
function display_custom_cart_item_data( $cart_item_data, $cart_item ) {
if ( !empty( $cart_item['custom_text'] ) ){
$cart_item_data[] = array(
'name' => __('Customization', 'woocommerce'),
'value' => $cart_item['custom_text'] // Already sanitized field
);
}
return $cart_item_data;
}
// Save and display custom item data everywhere on orders and email notifications
add_action( 'woocommerce_checkout_create_order_line_item', 'add_product_custom_field_as_order_item_meta', 10, 4 );
function add_product_custom_field_as_order_item_meta( $item, $cart_item_key, $values, $order ) {
if ( isset($values['custom_text']) ) {
$item->update_meta_data('Add on', $values['custom_text'] );
}
}
I'm trying using the if ( isset($values['custom_text']) ) part as a trigger of the function to change the order status only if the product add on is set and other similar methods (like if ( !empty( $cart_item['custom_text'] ) ) but I'm not sure this is the way to go:
add_action('woocommerce_thankyou','change_order_status');
function change_order_status( $order_id ) {
if ( ! $order_id ) {return;}
$order = wc_get_order( $order_id );
if ( isset($values['custom_text']) ) {
if( 'processing'== $order->get_status() ) {
$order->update_status( 'wc-custom-status' );
}
}
}
This above does nothing. Am I anywhere near it with this approach?
EDIT: I tried this too
add_action('woocommerce_thankyou','change_order_status');
function change_order_status( $order_id ) {
if ( ! $order_id ) {return;}
$order = wc_get_order( $order_id );
foreach ( $order->get_items() as $item_id => $item ) {
$allmeta = $item->get_meta_data();
if ( isset($values['custom_text']) ) {
if( 'processing'== $order->get_status() ) {
$order->update_status( 'wc-custom-status' );
}
}
}
}