The Visual Studio 2022 Error "Failed to launch debug adapter. Additional information may be available in the output window."

Viewed 7314

I am using Visual Studio 2022 for Blazor WebAssembly Project and the ASP.NET Core API Project. Weh I run these projects independently, they works fine in Edge, Chrome browsers but when I select Multiple-Startup projects, I am sessing the following error.


Microsoft Visual Studio

One or more errors occurred.

Failed to launch debug adapter. Additional information may be available in the output window.

The operation was canceled.

OK

enter image description here

5 Answers

I had the same issue with Visual Studio 2022. I could solve the issue by disabling the script debugging in the drop-down of green arrow where we run the project. Please see the following screenshot.

enter image description here

Finally..... I resolved by modifying Tools-->Options-->Debugging--->General and enabling following two checkboxes as shown in imageenter image description here

I had this issue until I removed this line from launchsettings.json under profiles on the server side code.

Failed to launch debug adapter Unable to launch browser...

"inspectUri": "{wsProtocol}://{url.hostname}:{url.port}/_framework/debug/ws-proxy?browser={browserInspectUri}",

One working tweek is disabling JavaScript debugging in either of these two ways:

1. Disabling Script Debugging from IIS

enter image description here

2. Removing the 'Enable' tick from JavaScript Debugging option

enter image description here

Related