How to use testnet during development in Coinbase Wallet

Viewed 1305

Apologies if this is a silly question, but I've searched around and have found no obvious way to select an Ethereum testnet while developing an application to support Coinbase Wallet. Am I missing something obvious or is only Mainnet supported? Thanks

2 Answers

This is something I wanted to find out myself and found a solution for both the mobile and the desktop chrome wallet.

on the Desktop Coinbase Wallet you can switch to a testnet with below steps:

  • Open the settings from the top right
  • Enable the Developer Mode checkbox
  • In settings under 'Default Network' you can now find a section with multiple testnets

For the coinbase mobile wallet:

  • Open Settings in the bottom right
  • Open Advanced Settins
  • Switch Network from Mainnet to Testnet
  • Go back to settings and choose testnet under 'Default Network' setting

In both examples I am referring to the non-custodial wallets from Coinbase, not the managed custodial wallet apps.

Related