I'm currently writing my own language and I'm at a point where I would like to publish it to the VSCode-Marketplace so people can test it.
I have written a language extension and a syntax highlighter with the Yeoman-Generator and now want to merge it with my executable file that launches the interpreter, so that a file can get interpreted after clicking the run-code button.

I now have checked multiple articles, like:
- How to add a run button in visual studio code? - StackOverflow
- How to define or support a code language on Visual Studio? - StackOverflow
- Debugger Extension Guide - VSCode API
However, I haven't found anything useful.
Currently, the code-runner displays the following error, when clicking on run, or pressing the shortcut:

(Code language not supported or defined.)
But even after a lot of browsing Google for adding new language support to the code-runner, I found absolutely nothing helpful.
(See this page, idk what Settings/Preferences they are referring to!?)
I also was not successful with tasks, as they don't seem to connect to the run-buttom or debug-button in any way.
My question is: How can I make the run-button execute a custom bash-command, when a file in my language is opened?
