"The member's email address is not allowed for this project. Check with your administrator" when adding a partner to a project where I am Mantainer

Viewed 628

I am trying to add a colleague to a GitLab project of the company where I am Maintainer but I have problems adding the user to a project:

  1. I go to my project and select Project information > Members.
  2. In the Invite member tab, under GitLab member or Email address, enter the user name or email address.
  3. I select a role.

And I send it but I get a reply from GitLab that:

The member's email address is not allowed for this project. Check with your administrator.

What should the administrator do?

1 Answers

It seems that the domain of your colleague's email is restricted using Restrict group access by domain feature.

What should the administrator do?

They should go to Settings > General and verify that Restrict membership by email field contains the correct set of domains.

Related