Catch errors from A2P Starter Brands that exceed the 3,000 message per-day limit?

Viewed 77

I am building a Twilio ISV application that allows customers to register under the "Starter" A2P Brand to allow our customers to send up to 3,000 messages a day to US carriers.

I was curious if Twilio returns a specific error code to my StatusCallback webhook when attempting to send a quantity over 3,000 in a day or is this something that must be handled by my application before sending a request to Twilio using a MessagingService?

I'm unable to find a specific error code for this in the documentation so I'm hoping a Twilio evangelist here on StackOverflow can provide some clarity, thanks!

1 Answers

Twilio developer evangelist here.

There are a few A2P10DLC error codes that you might encounter, including:

  • 30022: US A2P 10DLC - Rate Limits Exceeded - you've reached the limits for a phone number or campaign
  • 30023: US A2P 10DLC - Daily Message Cap Reached - you've reached your daily limit
  • 30027: US A2P 10DLC - T-Mobile Daily Message Limit Reached - you've reached the limit with T-Mobile specifically

There are also a couple of relevant warnings that may crop up:

  • 30025: US A2P 10DLC - 50% T-Mobile Daily Message Limit Consumed
  • 30026: US A2P 10DLC - 70% T-Mobile Daily Message Limit Consumed

I think the relevant error you are asking about, regarding trying to send more than 3,000 messages a day, is 30023.

Related