I'm new to metaclasses, so I'm sorry, If my question is somehow stupid. I need to make a metaclass, that takes particular methods of a class and turns them into property methods or setters. So, if I have
class TestClass():
def __init__(self, x: int):
self._x = x
def get_x(self):
print("this is property")
return self._x
def set_x(self, x: int):
print("this is setter")
self._x = x
I want it to work like this:
class TestClass():
def __init__(self, x: int):
self._x = x
@property
def x(self):
print("this is property")
return self._x
@x.setter
def x(self, x: int):
print("this is setter")
self._x = x
For now I've just realized how to make it for property:
class PropertyConvert(type):
def __new__(cls, future_class_name, future_class_parents, future_class_attr):
new_attr = {}
for name, val in future_class_attr.items():
if not name.startswith('__'):
if name.startswith('get_'):
new_attr[name[4:]] = property(val)
if name.startswith('set_'):
# ???
else:
new_attr[name] = val
return type.__new__(cls, future_class_name, future_class_parents, new_attr)
But I can't figure out how to do it for setters.