create-react-app is behind the latest version

Viewed 3739

I'm trying to run:

npx @contentful/create-contentful-app init contentful-refs

However this fails and throws the following errors:

You are running create-react-app 4.0.3, which is behind the latest release (5.0.0). We no longer support global installation of Create React App.

I went ahead and deleted npm, nvm, npx, create-react-app, create-contentful-app. I checked that they were not on my machine, then I updated to the latest versions of each. and tried running the initial command. I'm still getting the same issue, and now after installing the latest version of create-react-app, create-react-app is still not found on my machine. Not sure what to do here, any help would be greatly appreciated.

7 Answers

Try this command.

sudo npm i create-react-app@5.0.0

Try this command npx create-react-app@5.0.0 app-name

I too faced this issue, I deleted the _npx folder and than ran npx create-react-app my-app and the project folder was created.

_npx path : %\AppData\Local\npm-cache_npx

Turns out the issue was with the contentful package "@contentful/create-contentful-app". The latest React update broke their package, they have since updated it with a fix.

If the issue persists even after uninstalling create-react-app globally.

Try

npm cache clean -f

OR

Delete the _npx folder found in:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\npm-cache

create-react-app seems to work now

npx create-react-app foo

Ask for the latest version: npx create-react-app@latest your-app-name

Related