I have an application that allows users to send SMS to numbers they upload in their account. I am starting to implement the Twilio Lookup API so that we avoid sending SMS to numbers that cannot receive them. It's easy to run a carrier lookup and filter out landlines based on the returned type information, but I wanted to know if there was anything else I could glean from the returned lookup information that would indicate a number that doesn't accept SMS.
- Does a blank
mobile_network_codesignify anything? - Is there any way to tell if a VoIP number cannot receive SMS?
- Does
type = nulltell me anything useful about the phone number? - Are there any specific
error_codevalues that signify the number cannot receive SMS?
Usually the Twilio documentation is pretty thorough but I feel like it's lacking on these pieces of information. Thanks for any information, all you Twilio evangelists!