I have a stuff function that concatenates multiple records and I put a line break after every second record and its works fine with this query:
STUFF((
SELECT CASE WHEN ROW_NUMBER() OVER (order by new_name) % 2 = 1 THEN CHAR(10) ELSE ',' END + new_name
FROM new_subcatagories
FOR XML PATH('')), 1, 1, '')
and the result is
Auditory,Kinesthetic vestibular
Multitasking,Planning & organization
Proprioception,Tactile
Vestibular tactile,Visual
But I want now to make this with a other column that I need to DISTINCT and I can't get it work my query is:
STUFF((
SELECT distinct (CASE WHEN ROW_NUMBER() OVER (order by new_maincatgoriesname) % 2 = 1 THEN CHAR(10) ELSE ',' END
+ new_maincatgoriesname)
FOR XML PATH('')), 1, 1, '')
and I get the result is in multiple not expected ways for example
Executive Function
Sensory Discrimination
Sensory modulation ,Multitasking,Sensory Discrimination,Sensory modulation
or other not expected ways, and I want the result to be
Executive Function,Sensory Discrimination
Sensory modulation,Multitasking
If someone can help my it will be really appreciated.