I am following a tutorial for a game of ships, and when creating the Player class in the init function I have a strange problem when wanting to access the functions of the Sprite module: when I write the name of the variable and put the point to access its functions remain in white, instead of being colored yellow indicating that it is a reserved word (I am using visual studio)
(Sorry if I do not express myself correctly I am using google translator.)
so the strange is this: code screenshot
what is indicated in the red boxes should be in yellow (like what I underlined in yellow), since theoretically it would be accessing the functions of a Sprite object therefore it should be highlighted in yellow ... the problem is that it appears white, as if it did not recognize the variable as a Sprite object
Here is where i create the image directory.
import pygame, random, os, sys
from os import path
img_dir = path.join(path.dirname(__file__), 'img')
And here is the Meteor class:
class Meteor(pygame.sprite.Sprite):
def __init__(self):
super().__init__()
self.image_orig = random.choice(meteor_images)
self.image_orig.set_colorkey("black")
self.image_orig.set_clip()
self.image = self.image_orig.copy()
self.rect = self.image.get_rect()
self.radius = int(self.rect.width*0.85/2) # *0.85 <- se leeria como (el 85% del width) / 2
pygame.draw.circle(self.image, "red", self.rect.center, self.radius)
self.rect.x = random.randrange(0, width)
self.rect.bottom = random.randrange(-100, -50)
self.speedx = random.randrange(-4, 4)
self.speedy = random.randrange(2, 8)
self.rot = 0
self.rot_speed = random.randrange(-8, 8)
self.last_update = pygame.time.get_ticks()
and then here is where create the meteors list:
meteor_images = []
meteor_list = ['meteorBrown_big1.png',
'meteorBrown_big2.png',
'meteorBrown_big3.png',
'meteorBrown_big4.png']
for img in meteor_list:
meteor_images.append(pygame.image.load(path.join(img_dir, img)).convert())
I am not very expert on the subject, what could be the problem??