I have a table that contains two CLOBS, which I'm in the process of redesigning to contain 1 clob per row.
I have a query below that identifies if the CLOBS are the same or not, which is working fine.
I can use some help with a query, which summarizes the number of SAME and DIFFERENT columns.
I'm looking to produce an output as follows:
Total_rows same_cnt different_cnt
3 1 2
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all who answer.
CREATE table table_x(
seq_num integer GENERATED BY DEFAULT AS IDENTITY (START WITH 1) NOT NULL,
val NUMBER,
clob1 CLOB,
clob2 CLOB);
insert into table_x (val, clob1, clob2) values (1,'aaaaaaaaaa','aaaaaaaaaa');
insert into table_x (val, clob1, clob2) values (1,'aaaaa','aaaaaaaaaa');
insert into table_x (val, clob1, clob2) values (2,'Xaaaaaaaaa','aaaaaaaaaa');
SELECT x.*,
CASE DBMS_LOB.compare (x.clob1, x.clob2) WHEN 0 THEN 'SAME' ELSE 'DIFFERENT' END AS comparison
FROM table_x x;
SEQ_NUM VAL CLOB1 CLOB2 COMPARISON
1 1 aaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa SAME
2 1 aaaaa aaaaaaaaaa DIFFERENT
3 2 Xaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa DIFFERENT